Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Two weeks of positive vibes

In the back of my mind, I knew it had been a while since I updated this blog.  Don’t get me wrong, there are have been many, many things that were blog-worthy, I just haven’t had the time to write about them.  Then I noticed that “a while” turned into two months so it’s time to get caught up.

The most significant event in the past few weeks was returning for my second year at WCMS (you can read about my first year and the program here).  I met my classmates last year and we formed instant friendships.  While we developed our professional skills, we were also building bonds that, for many of us, will last a lifetime.

Since last year we have all stayed in touch by telephone, email, texts and Facebook, but for two weeks in July we get to hang out face-to-face.  You know what means, right?  Lots of laughs, late nights, story telling, reminiscing, and just the “occasional” drink to keep things going.  All of this is set against the backdrop of college life complete with living in dorms, eating cafeteria food, and studying for exams. 

Second to only Sherry (my lovely wife), these people are collectively one of the most positive influences in my life today.  They will never truly know how much they mean to me and how they’ve helped me during those tough times we all experience.  When I’m feeling a little down, I only need to reminisce about our times together and I immediately have a smile on my face. 

I can only hope that everyone gets to experience something so positive at some point in their lives.

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment