Friday, February 19, 2010

Hangin’ with the nephews

Last Saturday, Sherry and I got the chance to spend some time with two of our nephews, Jordan and Jared.  They are 15 and 13 respectively and they are great kids.  They are polite, well-behaved, and courteous.  But above all, they are still kids.

The day itself was nothing spectacular.  We took them, and their cousin Kyle, to see Avatar (in 3D of course).  Jordan and Jared had already seen it but it was the first time for Sherry, Kyle and I.  Afterwards, we strolled through downtown Santa Rosa and ate dinner at La Bufa, which is a local Mexican restaurant.

What made the day special was not the activities but simply hanging out with the boys.  It was more then just time with family, which is very important.  It was just Fun, with a capital F, and we had a great time talking about sports, school, girls, or whatever.

I know there are folks out there who start to feel old when around kids.  For me, it is the exact opposite.  Kids make me feel young.  I love their perspective on life.  It’s funny to hear about the pressing issues they face or the things that are most important to them.

If you are feeling overwhelmed from work, or simply life, go hang out with some teenagers for a while.  I can almost guarantee it will change your perspective.

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment